Favorite liquid liner to date : ZuZu Luxe liquid eyeliner



This has been one of my favorite discoveries this year! Especially after my miserable encounter with the L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt-tip Liquid Eyeliner, which you can read all about here I couldn't be happier to have found a 100% natural liquid liner that looks pitch black and lasts all day! What more could you want?

 I've always had trouble with liquid liners, for some reason they were always more likely to give me an allergic reaction than pencil liners ( although some pencils do as well) . The L'oreal liner I mentioned above was no exception, and gave me horrible red, itchy eyes that wouldn't stop watering until I took it all off . On the other hand, ZUZU LUXE LIQUID EYELINER doesn't do any of that, I had no allergic reaction to it whatsoever! It lasts all day AND it's 100% natural which to me is a huge plus! On top of that it is also vegan, gluten- and cruelty free! Also, if you remember my raving about Dr. Hauschka's Eye Solace which is a solution of eyebright, I was very happy to find eyebright among the ingredients of this eyeliner!! Since eyebright has eye soothing properties I think it's awesome that Zuzu decided to add it to their liner formula. If I could, I'd convert all my makeup to 100% natural, but I have a hard time finding really good makeup that stays put, blends, is very pigmented, has a large range of colors, etc while also being 100% natural . Until I can convert my whole collection, at least I got my natural liner picked out for me! 

 The applicator is a felt tip applicator, instead of a fine brush. I really like this applicator as I find it gives me a lot of control. The liner comes in a fun array of colors with shimmery blue, shimmery green, shimmery gold, matte brown and a pearlescent black which looks like a very dark shimmery grey but I have yet to try them all on my eyes ( I've only swatched them at the store). The color I have is in RAVEN and it's super black! The pics I have below were taken 7 hours after applying it and walking around town on a hot humid day. I'll admit that there was a little flick at the outer corner that faded but that's also because I can't keep my hands out of my face and I'm always messing up my makeup  (horrible habit, I know…). But even still, the flick faded without making a mess or flaking, making it seem like it wasn't ever there which is actually nice ( proper fading is also important with makeup! ) . The rest of the liner stayed put all throughout the day. 

I'm sure this liner will become a staple in my collection and if you have sensitive eyes, I hope that you'll give it a try!    




INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Infusion of Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice), Mica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbitol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Hectorite, Iron Oxides, Bisabolol, Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright) Extract, Potassium Sorbate

PRICE: $14.85 (2mL)

CONS: None really. Maybe this could be organic on top of being 100% natural but that's really only a con if you're splitting hairs ;)

BOTTOM LINE: This is an amazing dark black liquid liner that lasts all day and is very gentle on my sensitive skin. It's 100% natural, vegan as well as gluten- and cruelty-free! It's 100% Sensitastic approved!!

WHERE TO BUY : Whole foods
                           gabriel cosmetics (the parent company)
                           www.pharmaca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment