NUXE 3 Roses Gentle Purifying and Clarifying Mask


I haven’t had a chance to talk much about NUXE yet, other than they carry one of my all time favorite lip balms . Their Reve de Miel lip balm is one of the best things for moisturizing, repairing and just overall rescuing my lips from winter (you can read all about here)! But enough about the lip balm since I’m digressing and this review is about NUXE 3 ROSES GENTLE PURIFYING AND CLARIFYING MASK!


I’ve always steered clear of purifying masks because of my dry sensitive skin . I always assumed purifying masks would be too drying . In fact, for a long time I think I was a bit too overzealous with my skin overall . On top of avoiding purifying masks I never used a facial scrub, or anything I deemed to harsh for my skin . But as it turns out, I’ve recently realized that even when my skin is acting out, dry and sensitive it’s good to use a purifying mask, or a (mild!) scrub because it helps get rid of that dead layer of skin on the surface and allows for whatever treatment you’re using to work more effectively. I always knew this in theory, but I was too scared to try it out. After I discovered the amazing NUXE lip balm, I decided to give more products of the range a try . I bought their 3 Roses Eau Micellaire (which is amazing and I’ll post a review soon! ) and after I fell in love with that as well, I thought it was safe to become adventurous and try the purifying mask . The truth is that I occasionally get oily on my t-zone, mainly in the summer, but I’ve never had a good solution for that so I thought this mask might be it. NUXE’s 3 roses purifying mask turned out to be way more than just a t-zone matifying solution. This mask is purifying but in an incredibly mild way. It doesn’t dry out my skin at all! I’m not going to say it’s particularly moisturizing but my skin feels very balanced after I’ve used this mask instead of dry (which is what I was afraid of). My skin feels silky smooth, my pores are unclogged and reduced . This has not caused any redness or any bad reactions on my skin whatsoever. In fact, I find that this mask helps improve on existing redness.

The only caveat here is: since this mask is so wonderfully mild on my skin it makes me wonder how effective this would be for someone with oily skin. This may not be purifying enough for some people although that may be fixable by using it more often. I only use it once a week as a maintenance treatment to draw out impurities and leave my skin unclogged without drying it out too much but someone with oilier skin could probably use this 2 to 3 times a week without a problem. However, even for me, this isn’t the kind of purifying mask that will help me get rid of a zit overnight. There is another purifying mask that I’ve experimented with since losing my fear and it works amazingly well as a spot treatment: DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask. But then again I would never use it allover my face, it would be too drying but I’ll talk about it in the future.

As far as I can tell, I get no rose smell from this mask and I ADORE the smell of roses so this was disappointing to me, but if you dislike the smell of roses, don’t be turned off by the “3 Roses” in the product’s name, the rose scent is barely there. The mask comes in a lovely glass jar that would look great in any bathroom or vanity however makes it not very travel friendly, as it is quite heavy. I like to use this mask once a week and always after a swim (I swim about 3x a week). Where I go swimming there’s a very nice sauna so I like to wash my face, apply the mask and head for the sauna so my pores open up and the mask is more efficient and drawing out impurities. This is just how I like to use it, but you can just use it at home after washing your face (it’s better if you’ve gotten rid of any makeup before you apply the mask), leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Another option would be to apply the mask in the beginning of you shower and rinse it off just before the end. The steam from the shower will help open up your pores, just like the heat from the sauna, and allow the mask to penetrate further and do a more thorough job ( of course this is conditioned on you taking a hot shower which I realize a lot of people might not ) . 

Nuxe focuses on making products that are mostly natural though not always 100% and the main line doesn't make use of organic ingredient. However, they've recently released a whole line of organic products that I've unfortunately not been able to try yet. I do find that their products are very efficient, and more affordable than all-natural options such as Dr. Hauschka’s. So even though I won’t switch over completely to NUXE it is a nice brand to alternate with if you can’t afford Dr. Hauschka’s prices year-round. Don’t get me wrong though, NUXE isn’t cheap, but I have yet to find any mostly natural brands that are dirt cheap. 

If you have dry, sensitive skin and have been worried about purifying masks being too drying give this mask a shot, I think you’ll like it! If you’ve already tried it, let me know what you think! J

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

INGREDIENTS: Water, Kaolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth-7, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Tristearin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Ceterayl Sulfate, Acetyl Glycol Stearate, Allantoin, Citrus Aurantifolia Oil, Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis, Caprylyl Glycol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phytic Acid, Rosmatinus officinalis, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum, Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Rosa Alba Flower Extract, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, BHA, Parfum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, EDTA, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Limonene, Linalool


PRICE: $31 (1.7oz or 50mL)

CONS: This mask is not 100% natural. 

BOTTOM LINE: Completely Sensitastic approved, this mask is a great option to gently purify sensitive skin. 

WHERE TO BUY:  I've seen NUXE products being sold at several DUANE READE's in NYC but no other pharmacies that I'm aware.
                               www.nuxe.com/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment