Dr. Hauschka Mascara


This has been my staple mascara for years and though it's not life-changing (and a bit pricy in my opinion) it's been a good, faithful mascara that enhances my lashes and is really gentle on my eyes. Something that is VERY hard to find for me.
I haven't used any mainstream mascaras that aren't natural in a really long time since switching to this one (which must mean it's really not bad) but it also means you'll have to forgive me because I can't tell you how this compares to the many mascaras CoverGirl, L'oreal, etc have out there. My understanding is that natural mascaras don't compare to more mainstream ones when it comes to dramatic volume, length or durability. That's probably true. The last mascara that I remember wearing before Dr. Hauschka was Dior's Iconic and I'm fairly certain that it gave my lashes far more ooomph than the Dr. Hauscha's. But before you think I'm bashing Dr. Hauschka's mascara, let me just say that for everyday use, this mascara does the job perfectly well. It darkens and defines my lashes with no clumping. It does slightly lengthens them and adds a bit of volume. It stays on all day (granted I haven't put it through a sweat test, since I workout in the water I never have it on before a workout) and it's super gentle on my eyes. It's not the perfect mascara and while I've been using it, I've been searching for my holy grail natural mascara, but it's certainly the best I could find for many years, and I do recommend it for those who want a natural formula and a natural look, nothing dramatic but great for everyday wear. Also, I know some people complain that you can't get waterproof wear out of a natural mascara, but if you have sensitive eyes like me, you may also appreciate not having to rub your eyes insanely before you can get rid of your mascara. I like that this one cleanses off easily and I don't have lingering residues of mascara that are hard to get rid of.
Here's a picture of the wand. It's your very basic bristle wand. The shade I wear is black but it also comes in brown and navy blue.
What's your favorite natural mascara?

INGREDIENTS: water (Aqua), Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Hectorite, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Xanthan Gum, Lysolecithin, Maltodextrin, Silica, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007) *Component of natural essential oils

PRICE: $25.95 (0.22 fl oz)

CONS: Expensive and it won't give you dramatic lashes. Not waterproof.

PROS: All-natural, non-clumping and gentle on sensitive eyes. Very Sensitastic approved.

WHERE TO BUY:www.drhauschka.com
Whole foods

No comments:

Post a Comment