Paul and Joe Fall Collection - Inseparables Blush


I really wanted to post this soon as it is a limited edition product for the fall. Paul and Joe makes some of the cutest makeup out there and because of that I have misjudged them thinking the quality wouldn't be so good (in a way their stuff reminds me of fake makeup that would come with a princess doll, am I making sense?). In reality, the quality is FANTASTIC! And I think their products are totally under-hyped!

This blush is no exception! It's smooth as butter and has beautiful color pay off that is LONG lasting.
 It comes in 3 shades (this one is called "Inseparables", how cute!!) and they all come in adorable round paper compacts (although personally storks are not my thing and I would've preferred a different print on the Inseparables box but the birds engraved in the actual compact are just too adorable!) with a little plastic insert over the blush holding a little brush (which is surprisingly soft, however too small for blush application in my opinion).
When i saw this blush at the Paul and Joe Counter at Bergdorf and Goodman, i automatically thought, man, that's adorable! and…
Orange!!

Now, the color in the crescent moon actually looks pinker here than it does in person when it actually looks NEON orange. So I automatically assumed this would look orange on me being yellow toned and all. However, being as curious as I am and being that of the 3 shades this one looked the most unique, I had to try it out. This turned out to be the best peachy pink blush I have ever worn. And I've had trouble with things like Nars Orgasm looking too orange on me! I was so surprised about how much I liked the blush that I actually left the store to see how I would feel about it later. Since you see the blush here you can probably tell I still loved the blush hours later. and most impressively, 8 hours after i put it on at the counter, this blush still looked perfect. It was one of the best wearing blushes I've even tried. 
The neon color I mentioned in the crescent moon part of the duo is a matte shade which swatches far pinker than in looks in the pan (center swatch below) while the light peachy color in the center is shimmery (right). When you swirl the two together, they become a gorgeous peachy pink (left) that is shimmery but not at all too frosty and the overall look on your cheeks is just very glowy and healthy looking. It's simply put: STUNNING. I'm surprised to see this in a fall collection though, as I see this as being the perfect shade for spring. I really wish this wasn't limited edition and so darn expensive as I could see myself repurchasing this again and again as it is simply the perfect peachy blush for me.
How about you? Have you tried Paul and Joe before? What do you think about their cosmetics and is there something you would recommend? 
I hope this is useful to some of you and that you're all having a lovely weekend!

INGREDIENTS:Talc, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Synthetic Wax, Zinc Laurate, Nylon-12, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, BHT, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Methicone, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Petrolatum, Silica, Water (Aqua), Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl CInnamal, Limonene. [May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 7 (CI 15850).]

PRICE: $30 (0.21oz). I had trouble convincing myself to pay so much for a blush and then I remembered I had a $10 off coupon I got from recommending someone to Dermstore so I only payed $20. I discovered this through a friend that recommended me and we both got the 10$ off discount. It's an awesome discount, you just have to spread the word to your friends! If anyone is interested and hasn't used Dermstore before, I'm happy to recommend you and both of us will get $10 off :) 

CONS: Pricy! Also, there is nothing natural about this blush (ok, maybe some natural oils but overall, this could never be marketed as natural) but it has caused no irritation on my skin whatsoever, which I really appreciate. 

BOTTOM LINE: The quality of this blush is outstanding and the color to me is actually unique among the sea of pinky peach blushes out there. In my opinion, this one stands out. It is super smooth to apply and lasts all day. This is 100% Sensitastic approved.

WHERE TO BUY: www.dermstore.com
www.beautyhabit.com





No comments:

Post a Comment