ZuZu Luxe lipstick in Sazerac



This was a product I wanted to love, but sadly was a total fail. I went back to check out more products form the ZuZu Luze brand after discovering their fabulous liquid eyeliner. This lipstick (much like the eyeliner) is 100% natural and this is just the most beautiful shade of pinky coral with gold shimmer. The first thing I thought when I saw it was: NARS ORGASM IN LIPSTICK FORM!! Wohooo!! And since you don't have to know what that is:  Orgasm is a beautiful pinky peach blush with golden shimmer by Nars. It's a very popular shade (probably largely because of the name ;) ) but also because it gives a nice sutble pinky glow to your cheeks. Although I find Orgasm overpriced and will soon be posting reviews on a dupe I love. ANYWHO back to the lipstick, this is a bit more corally and less pink than orgasm as you'll see in the swatches. However, it can look more peachy pink if you just apply one layer. I really is a beautiful color...

This lipstick is quite buildable as you can see from the swatches. Top swatch was one layer, bottom was two:
 And here's on the lips, the top picture shows some layering…
  and on the bottom, a softer look 
My issue with this lipstick is that I found it really drying. It looks very nice and shimmery which makes it look deceivingly moist but the feel on my lips was not nice at all. I haven't tried other colors from the range so I don't know if this drying feeling was exclusive from this shade. I'll keep you guys posted if I try another shade. Though I have to say I'm not tempted to try another one at all. They have a lovely wide shade range, but my lips need better moisture. On that note, to be fair to these lipsticks, MOST lipsticks feel uncomfortably dry on me because I have severely dry lips, so if you don't have that problem, this may work very well for you. The lipstick comes in a very simple silver tube that is light and small (no unnecessary packaging which is quite nice) enough to throw in your purse and not even notice and I personally find it quite sleek looking. Not gaudy or offensive looking like some lipstick cases I'd be afraid to pull out in public. The shade is really just lovely, It gives a very beautiful golden pinky peach glow to your lips. The shimmer doesn't feel gritty, though I didn't feel it applied super evenly but that was easily fixed by smoothing it out with my finger (or a brush).  I've really never seen a lipstick in a similar shade so to me it was quite unique for a lipstick and I really wish it had been more moisturizing :-/

INGREDIENTS: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius(Safflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract, Bisabolol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides, Mica, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wort) Extract, Titanium Dioxide

PRICE: $18.15 (.14oz 4g)

CONS: Very drying.

BOTTOM LINE: Sazerac is a beautiful shade of pinky peach with gold shimmer that turns more coral if you layer it one. The lipstick formula was unfortunately drying though. I got no allergic reaction to the product but if my lips are not kept moisturized (or any part of my body for that matter) they will eventually start feeling itchy. Sadly, this is not sensitastic approved.

WHERE TO BUY: Whole foods

No comments:

Post a Comment