Bare Minerals - PART 2




Bare minerals products often come in a kit (which is a great deal for first time buyers!) containing 1-2 foundation colors, mineral veil and warmth plus a few scratchy brushes (I'm clearly not a fan of these, but if you shampoo them and then apply conditioner just like you would to your own hair, it does help soften them!). I do like WARMTH All-Over Face Color, which is the scary dark MATTE powder up on the left! However, I have to apply such a tinsy bit amount of this, otherwise I look like a clown! But when I get it right, it adds more dimension to my face and a nice healthy look. Otherwise, after I apply bare minerals foundation I can pass for a ghost! (when you take away all the redness of my face, the white, reeeally stands out, lol!). I do find warmth fussy to work with though (because it is SO pigmented and I'm so fair) so I end up not using it so often and resorting to my blushes or bronzers to add color to my face. 
My bare minerals All-Over Face Color collection also includes PURE RADIANCE (on the right). It's a beautiful peachy highlighting color that is unfortunately too dark as a highlighter for me, but anyone one shade darker would be fine with it I think. I still use it, and if I blend it REAL WELL, I can pull it off, but to make a dark highlighter like this work, I apply it slightly lower than I would usually apply a highlighter. That way it add luminosity to your blush instead of looking like you added a blush too close to your eye! 
And here's a closer look at pure randiance:

 It looks pretty seemless on my arm but since my face is substantially paler, it stand out more :( Oh well! Also, I tried capturing this with the camera but I'm not sure it's clear, this highlighter is SHIMMERY. It doesn't just add a nice glow or sheen, it has proper shimmer! So if you don't like shimmery highlighters that might be something to keep in mind. 

INGREDIENTS (both): I was quite  surprised but the ingredients on both products say the same thing...
-Warmth & Pure radiance:(+/-) Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Kaolin, Carmine (CI 75470).

PRICE (both): $19 (0.05oz) 

CONS:
-Warmth: waaay too pigmented which makes it hard to work for very fair skin tones.
-Pure Radiance: a bit dark for very fair skin tones. 

BOTTOM LINE: These are both great products for my sensitive skin, my only problem with them is they're not the greatest for my skin tone. They're Sensitastic approved!

WHERE TO BUY: www.sephora.com
www.ulta.com
www.bareescentuals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment