Acure


This is a brand I've recently discovered and frankly, I don't think they're been around for very long at all . However, they carry 100% ORGANIC ARGAN OIL which I found on sale and felt compelled to try :) I won't talk too much here about Argan oil itself since I've gone into all the details on this post .
The only other thing I wanted to mention is that for every bottle of Acure's Argan Oil you buy, $1 gets donated to Bright Pink which is a non-profit organization that provides education and support to young women who are at high risk for breast and ovarian cancer. 

Acure is a family owned company and they claim all their products are free from animal testing, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, harmful preservatives and artificial colors. Sounds pretty great, right?

Since their whole range was on sale I decided to do so some research on what other products would be interesting to try . That's when I read about the "miracles" of Acure's LINE ERASER. This is sad to admit since I'm only 26 but I do have a few wrinkles to worry about . Having always had inflamed skin means I've had to use cortisone even on my face and unfortunately, that over the counter stuff in my case just tingles. I'm typically prescribed much stronger creams . One unfortunate side effect of using cortisone creams is premature aging or thinning of the skin and that equals: wrinkles! Now I'm not going to pretend I look like I'm 40, it's just a few wrinkles and mostly nothing very deep and certainly not so terrible that I ever felt compelled to buy any super expensive a revolutionizing anti-aging creams . And honestly, given how much these creams promise, they scare me! Aging is a normal part of life and I strongly believe that it's important to take care of your skin (clearly!) but if something claims to instantly get rid of your wrinkles, tone, firm, lift, plump your face, and lets not forget get you a husband, a house and two kids, I don't want it anywhere near me! There's no miraculous fountain of youth out there. There's daily care and dedication since BEFORE those lines start to appear and settle deeply . In any case, that said, given the few lines around my mouth I was excited to try (though not expecting any miracles) a 100% natural organic product like Acure's Line Eraser.

All I can say is, it works . I wouldn't say I saw miraculous improvement overnight, but I've used it before bed for about 1 month and feel that this has significantly improved the smoothness of the area around my lips . The skin looks plumper and though you can still see tiny little lines around my lips, they're almost unnoticeable. I've tried interrupting the use of the product and found that the beneficial effect of the balm is only present with continuous use . After discontinuing the use of the balm for about 1 week, the little lines started to become more noticeable again (suprise, surprise!) It doesn't get rid of your wrinkles, but with continuous use, it will substantially improve the look and feel of that "bar code" on your lips . I also feel that it would be wonderful for those of you who don't have any wrinkles but want something very hydrating for their sensititve around the lip area.

INGREDIENTS ( 100% Organic) :  Organic Safflower Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Argan Oil, Fair Trade Certified Organic Olive Oil, Organic Canauba, Organic Starflower (Borage) Oil, Organic Essential Oils of Bulgarian Lavender and Rose

PRICE: $19.99 (0.5 oz.)

CONS: The line eraser balm has a grainy texture which can feel a bit rough (almost exfoliating) on the sensitive skin area . I try to warm it up as much as possible between my fingers so the grains melt but I can never get them to completely melt . It has never irritated my skin but like I mentioned before, it can feel a bit rough . Also, it doesn't completely absorb, it leaves a slightly greasy feeling on the skin, which is why I find it more convenient to use before I go to bed instead of during the day.

BOTTOM LINE: This is a lovely, 100% Natural and organic product which helps improve the look of fine lines with continuous use. Very Sensitastic approved!

WHERE TO BUY: www.acureorganics.com
                               www.pharmaca.com
                               Whole Foods



No comments:

Post a Comment