Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in #4 Flesh

Shade #4 Flesh
I was very excited about this concealer when I first discovered it. It does have an incredible amount of coverage and for someone with eyes that are both red from allergies and dark blue from lack of sleep, a good concealer is what sets me apart from mythical creatures such as zombies ^.~


This concealer looks a bit funny, especially in the swatch. It dries to a greyish flesh tone. It actually looks better on the picture than on my arm in real life, don’t know why. However, it looks very, very natural when applied to the eye area. Bottom line, if you buy it, swatch it and it looks like a strange grey color, give it a try under the eyes before giving up on it J It completely camouflages my under eye circles and looks seemless. At first. 
Heavier swatch on the right and blended on the left
The main downfall of this concealer is the fact that it creases. Which is a bit weird because although it’s a liquid concealer it feels quite dry so I wasn’t expecting so much creasing. 

The other major problem, is that using this concealer for a few weeks made me start seeing tiny little lines where the concealer collected and that I had never noticed before. To be honest I just thought it was me getting old L Seriously, I gotta admit I had a sort of What The F***!!! moment. Then I started doubling my water intake and switched to a heavier eye cream (in fact, an eye balm by Dr. Hauschka that you can read about here) and stopped wearing concealer (in the off chance that was the problem). It turns out that the lines went away, COMPLETELY! And now if I use the concelear on top of my Dr. Hauschka Eye Balm, then it looks fine. No wrinkles around my eyes anymore. I do think this is a great concealer in terms of coverage, but you might need a heavier duty eye cream to use underneath. I know I’ve pointed out before that I have very dry skin, so usually I would say that some products are drying for me, but might be fine for those with oily skin. Even if you have oily skin, I’d be careful with this concealer because the area under our eyes tends to be on the drier side, even for those with oilier skin. Of course, do test it out to your heart’s content! But now you’ll know that if you start to get little age-lines around your eyes after using this, there’s no need to freak out J


Other than the drying issue, this has caused me no irritation whatsoever and paired with Dr. Hauschka’s eye balm it’s still the best under-eye coverage I’ve found in a concealer in my lifetime. Unfortunately, even after fixing the drying issue, the first problem remains, this still creases, not terribly, but more than my MAC Studio Finish or Diorskin Nude Hydrating concealers (reviews to come!). I’m still looking for that product with amazing coverage that is just a one step application and doesn’t require a change in my skin care routine to work semi-properly.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Capparis Spinosa Extract (Capparis spinosa Fruit Extract), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Terasodium EDTA, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide) CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)]

PRICE: $32 (0.5oz or 14ml)

CONS: Not made of natural ingredients, creases. 

BOTTOM LINE: Amazing coverage and extensive color range. Sensitastic approved but beware of the dryness and wear a good under-eye cream before applying this concealer.

WHERE TO BUY: www.sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment