New Favorite Toner - Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner


This is going to be short and sweet: A couple of months ago I discovered this product and I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with it. This is a very gentle all-natural, alcohol-free toner that cleanses and soothes the skin with the astringent effects of witch hazel and anti-inflammatory and nourishing properties of rose water.
Also, it is supplemented with Aloe Vera which has some healing, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activities. Another great plus is that this toner is extremely affordable. I can't say enough good things about it, I've been adoring this product! Since my skin is very sensitive and can't be washed many times a day, this is the perfect morning cleanse. I tend to do a much more thorough cleanse in the evening but in the morning, I use this on a cotton pad all-over my face. It's the perfect way to refresh my skin after a night's sleep. It makes my skin feel perfectly clean (but never feels drying!) and at the same time supple and smooth. I can also tell that when my skin is acting up and a bit more irritated, this has a clear soothing effect and visibly calms down redness. It's the perfect prep for my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream or their soothing mask. For those who are sensitive to smells, this has a clear rose scent. It's a very natural smell (which I'm addicted to!) much like any rose water would have. I forgot to mention this in my winter-proof your skin post, but this would be a perfect substitute for my sadly discontinued NUXE toner. After a couple of months of testing it through fall and winter, I can attest that this will be a new staple in my skin care routine.

INGREDIENTS:
Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose) Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS® proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

PRICE: $9.95 (12oz. bottle)

CONS: To those sensitive to smells, this has a very clear rose smell. Nothing artificial though, just a natural rose smell. 

PROS: All-natural, gentle, soothing, affordable, just a great product all-around. Super Sensitastic approved!!

WHERE TO BUY: www.thayers.com
whole foods market
www.vitacost.com




1 comment:

  1. I love this too, I have super dry and sensitive skin, and have been looking for non-alcohol type toner for some time. Most toners make my skin very tight and very red, as it is very hash for me. I love the fact that it heals and nourishes my very dry skin.

    I loves the rose scent as it is doesn't smell too artificial.

    ReplyDelete