Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes


I found these during a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond and I have to be honest, that wasn't at all what I was there to buy, ooops. However, I was there in the travel section before going on a trip and since my favorite facial towelettes are almost gone, and I won't find myself in France for a little while to replenish my stock, I thought it might be smart to try something I can actually buy at home.

Bottom line, I bought these, only to realize when I got home that these have pretty mixed reviews online . I gotta say I was a bit scared . Then I noticed people claiming it made their eyes sting and that got me reeeally scared! They caused no irritation on my skin and left a nice freshly clean feeling (no residue left behind). It has a fairly strong smell which I can see would bother some people, however, I felt the smell dissipated quite fast. They did make the skin around my eyes burn a bit. There was no redness resulting from that and the burning sensation did wear off after a few minutes. They didn't make my eyes sting, but none of the product was anywhere near the inside of my eyes. In fact, on the packaging it doesn't even say these are safe to use around the eyes. However, on their website, they state these are safe for removing eye-makeup. I'm not sure yet whether I'll be repurchasing these. I believe the whole purpose of a facial towelette is to clean your face in one quick step. So needing something else to clean your eye area kind of defeats the practical purpose of using these in the first place.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Polyglyceryl 4 Caprate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Sodium Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) (organic), Sea Salt/Maris Sal (Dead Sea Mineral Salts), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (organic), Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (organic), Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroacetate Acid, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Citric Acid

PRICE: $2.99 (10 ct.) or $5.99 (30 ct.)

CONS: Not 100% natural (98% actually). Strong smell, NOT eye-safe. This product is advertised on the brand's website as being safe for removing eye makeup however it is not safe to use if you have sensitive eyes!

BOTTOM LINE: Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes are Sensitastic approved for using on your face EXCLUDING the area around your eyes.


WHERE TO BUY: www.drugstore.com
                                www.target.com
                                www.ulta.com
                                Most drugstores and Bed Bath and Beyond

1 comment:

  1. I bought these recently, and I only used one. They made my eyes burn, my cheeks red, and my skin itch slightly. Overall it wasn't the worse experience, but I knew if I kept using them it would get worse. However, I just bought the new Yes to Carrots Fragrance Free Facial Towelettes. I used one this morning for the first time, and I think it's a winner! No irritation, very clean feeling, only left my skin a little tight feeling but not enough to need to run for the moisturizer. They smell like a baby wipe though :P I have the "exact" same skin type as you say you do, so thank you for this blog! It's a new favorite!

    ReplyDelete