MAC lipsticks

MAC is possibly one of the best known makeup brands in the market. It's hard to review the brand as a whole when their range is so vast and when some of their products have no harmful effect on my sensitive skin while others have caused havoc. As I mentioned in the makeup disclaimer, the fact that these products have worked for me, doesn't mean that every other MAC lipstick or lipgloss will.



As you'll see from the pics, I like my corals and plums :) I apologize that among the lipsticks, there are two limited edition shades: Cut a Caper and Ever Hip. And yes, they're practically identical in color but have very different textures. I fell in love with this color when I found Ever Hip but I hated the texture. Ever Hip is a Cremesheen and in my humble opinion looks terrible on dry lips and makes them even drier. It settles in lines on your lips and accentuates any dry patches, it just doesn't look flattering at all. The way i get around it is adding just a tiny bit of it and applying a nice gloss over it. When Cut a Caper came out I realized the color was almost identical to Ever Hip, however now, it came as a Lustre, which doesn't have the same pigmentation as Ever Hip but looks much nicer and feels much more hydrating on the lips. This is what I had wished Ever Hip looked and felt like. Needless to say, I love it! The reason I'm swatching these despite them being limited edition is that MAC re-promotes their shades quite often so this way you'll know about them before next time :)

I haven't had any allergic reaction to these 4 MAC lipsticks. However, as a general rule I don't find them hydrating enough (even lustres)and sensitive lips don't tend to do well when they dry up!
From left to right, the sades are:

-Cut a Caper (Lustre) - beautiful glossy bright  pinky coral
-Plumful (Lustre) - Rose plum
-Ever Hip (cremesheen) - beautiful bright pinky coral
-Capricious (Lustre) - Also a rose plum but darker than Plumful and less pink.



INGREDIENTS:
Lipstick (Cremesheen): I can't find the box for it, so I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Lipstick (Lustre): Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, dipentaerythrityl, hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, caprylic/capric triglyceride, vp/hexadecene copolymer, polyethylene, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, cetyl acetate, lanolin oil, cetyl lactate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), polydecene, beeswax, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, ceramide 3, synthetic wax, synthetic beeswax, silica, calcium aluminum borosilicate, alumina, tin oxide, acetylated lanolin alcohol, cetyl alcohol, vanillin, [+/- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), carmine (CI 75470), red 6 (CI 15850), red 6 lake (CI 15850), red 7 lake (CI 15850), red 21 (CI 45380), red 28 lake (CI 45410), red 30 lake (CI 73360), red 33 lake (CI 17200), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

PRICE: $15 (0.1oz. or 3g)

CONS: Have you seen that ingredient list??? MAC lipsticks are far from natural and not hydrating enough.

BOTTOM LINE:  These MAC lipsticks are half Sensitastic approved. They have a vast and lovely color range and I can't say I've had a proper allergic reaction to any of these BUT they're not hydrating enough and at least my sensitive lips start getting itchy if they get dry. If sensitive lips and natural cosmetics isn't something you're concerned about, then you might want to check these out.


WHERE TO BUY: www.maccosmetics.com
                               www.bloomingdales.com
                               www.macys.com
                               www.nordstrom.com









No comments:

Post a Comment