Dr. Hauschka's Eye Solace


Even after falling in love with many Dr. Hauschka's products, it still took me a looong while to buy this one! At this point it might be needless to say, the reason was the price. The high price of Dr. Hauschka's products has always been an issue for me. However, the efficacy of the products is such that if you give them a try, you'll be hooked! I certainly am! I know, given that this is the 3rd Dr. hauschka product I've talked about in the span of a week, I'm sure you couldn't even tell how much I love the brand! ;)
DR. HAUSCHKA'S EYE SOLACE is a miracle for red itchy eyes in a bottle, or rather, in a 5ml plastic ampoule :) You pop open the container and pour it on cotton pads (which come with the product), soak the pads, and add them on top of your eyes for 10 minutes. This goes a step further than Dr. Hauschka's soothing mask (which does a wonderful job of soothing the skin!) and actually soothes the inside of my eyes. Many times, if you're very sensitive and/or allergic it's not just the skin around your eyes that can be itchy and irritated, but your eyes themselves. For example, on top of my immunotherapy treatment and oral anti-histamines, the irritation in my eyes is such that I still need to use a topical anti-histamine eye-drop. Even though I use this medication morning and evening, sometimes, it's not enough to calm my eyes down, however I'm not allowed to bump up the dose. Sometimes I wake up feeling like there's sand inside my eyes and though my medication helps, on really bad days, it's not enough. I have found that as a natural complementary treatment, Eye Solace calms my eyes down like nothing else! Eye Solace contains Eyebright extract from the plant Euphrasia. It is supposed to help with eye redness and swelling though from my understanding there is controversy on the proven effects of eyebright and like any other natural ingredient, some people may be sensitive to it. Frankly, it works great for me. I feel instant decrease in redness and itchiness after I use it. However, make sure to always do a patch test on your wrist before you apply it to your eyes, just to be safe.

INGREDIENTS: Water/Aqua, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricara) Flower Extract,
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Citronellol.
 
PRICE: $32.95 (10x 5ml ampoules)

CONS: High price!

BOTTOM LINE: This is 100% Sensitastic approved! I've never found anything (that isn't a pharmaceutical) come anywhere near this product as far as reducing irritation in my eyes. This product get major props for being so efficient while being 100% natural!

WHERE TO BUY: Whole Foods
                                www.drhauschka.com
                                www.pharmaca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment