Cetaphil Restoraderm


Most people have heard of Cetaphil: They're known for their very mild facial cleanser as well as a few creams, lotions and bar soaps. Cetaphil has been around for decades and they tend to proud themselves on being recommended by dermatologists. As far as I can tell, that is indeed true as I've had about 3 different doctor's recommend Cetaphil to me. However until recently, cetaphil only had one VERY IMPORTANT purpose to me: as a handwash (explained in another post). Other than that, as a facial cleanser I never quite liked how it made my face feel, their bar soap was always too drying to me and their lotions made my skin sting. Needless to say I haven't revisited the Cetaphil range of products (apart from the facial cleanser!) in many many years. Until my dermatologist (lo and behold!) recently suggested I try a new line that Cetaphil has released called Restoraderm.   The Restoraderm line was developed to help relieve eczema-prone skin and is approved by the National Eczema Association. It is completely fragrance, paraben and nut-free. It contains a body wash and moisturizer...


The BODY WASH does an amazing job at cleaning the skin without stripping it. I have no dry patches or itchy fits after showering.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), sodium trideceth sulfate, glycerin, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, sodium chloride, sodium lauroamphoacetate, cocamide MEA, niacinamide, tocopheryl acetate, allantoin, arginine, citric acid, methylisothiazolinone, sodium PCA, 1, 2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, potassium sorbate, disodium EDTA

PRICE: $13.99 (10 oz.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

The BODY MOISTURIZER is great! It doesn't sting, it absorbs nicely, has no smell (which is important since a lot of people prefer it that way). It's not something that I can put on once during the day and not worry about it again. But I've yet to find a product that does that. For me, each time I wash my hands during the day, a moisturizer needs to follow. If I forget, 10-15 minutes later I'll catch myself scratching my skin, every time, like clockwork. I keep a bottle at my desk in the office and one by my bedside and use on my hands about 15 times a day (this is not an exaggeration, it's a real estimate!). It really has been a happy find and one of the best at relieving the itchiness. I still love using Jojoba or Almond oil, but those are just less practical because of the time it takes for the oils to absorb. Cetaphil Restoraderm is the best when I don't have much time on my hands, especially in the mornings! Also, it's a cheaper alternative to Pacifica's body butter (though that one wins with the scent for me :) )

INGREDIENTS: Water, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, pentylene glycol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), sorbitol, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, behenyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, niacinamide, allantoin, panthenol, arginine, disodium ethylene dicocamide PEG-15 disulfate, glyceryl stearate citrate, sodium PCA, ceteareth-20, sodium polyacrylate, caprylyl glycol, citric acid, dimethiconol, disodium EDTA, sodium hyaluronate, cetyl alcohol.

PRICE: $13.99 (10 oz.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

CONS: Not a natural product.

BOTTOM LINE: If you have sensitive, eczema-prone skin, do yourself a favor and got get these two products! Couldn't be more Sensitastic approved!

WHERE TO BUY: www.walmart.com
                               www.target.com
                               Drugstores in general

No comments:

Post a Comment